Sunday 16 March 2008

Pego, Alicante, SPAIN



I have a friend who goes by the name of Rory Breaker he used to battle at lyric pad same place as me so thats how we met. Anyway a few months after he moved to Spain he invited up there for what was supposed to be a holiday but i ended up moving there for a just over a month! I refused to come home because i was running away from my problems and responsibilities but it was just a matter of time until my money ran out! So the first day i was in Spain was cool, breaker showed me around his town, and we had a freestlye session in his flat.







So the next day we decided to go mountain climbing, we woke up early (well sort of) and we bought some food and water in a supermarket called Mercedona. We drove to where the highest mountain was and we parked the car at the bottom. Now to get to the mountain we wanted to climb we had to climb 3 mountains to get there! Here is a picture of the mountain...





At first i thought it would be easy but because i was wearing 3 quarter length jeans and a small top i was literally fucked! The sun was blazing hot! I had to carry one of those things to put petrol in and also there was thorn bushes EVERYWHERE! They went as high as my stomach so every step i took they would scratch the hell out of my legs and i would be bleeding! I dont know what the hell they were but they hurt as hell! I rate breaker he was climbing up with some heavy load on his shoulders i dont know how he managed! We decided at one point to swop so he took the backpack off his shoulders then i carried it! I got so sick of the thorn bushes so i decided to run through a field of it like an idiot! Because the backpack was so heavy i fell and lets just say it was one of those "now you see me, now you dont" moments! Breaker thought it was funny but i was covered in scratches and blood but i still kept going... it was comming up to the evening and getting dark and the last thing we wanted was to sleep in thorn bushes! Here are a few pictures of us climbing up check out the bushes below our feet!!





The worst was to come... It was starting to get dark and we still hadnt reached that huge rock mountain! We already went up and down 3 mountains and we were so close but then it was getting dark and we were surrounded by high thorn bushes so we were thinking shit what the fuck are we going to do!! And then i remembered 10 minutes ago we passed a clear patch with not that many thorn bushes! There was a big tree and some clear ground so i said lets set up camp here. We put everything down and breaker climbed a tree because we were going to make a big bonfire caveman style! As he went up the tree he was kicking branches down and one of the heavy branches hit me in my face and i got a small scar from that! But anyway we got loads of branches to last us a few hours and i remembered how to start a fire from when my lodger was living with us. So i got rocks and stacked them up in a circle, got the branches and piled them into a triangle shape, poured petrol on the wood and lit that shit up! Heres how it went down!!





And then he cooked some bacon after i accidentally sat on the packet!







So the rest of that night we kicked back listened to music, and after the batterys ran out on my portable ipod player there was silence. The only thing that could be heard was breaker freestlying and a dragonfly that kept flying passed us twice every hour it was freaky! We had a visitor on our sleeping bag in the early hours of the morning it was a brown ugly slug! I freaked out! So we got some sleep for 2 hours and woke up before the sun came out! We had to do all that OVER again and damn the ammount of pain and scrathces i had on my leg i just really wished a helicopter would come to pick me up! But it had to be done because there was no other way off that mountain! So we soldiered the long journey back, stopping off at the top of one of the mountains we saw a shepherd with his goats!





After all that pain and near death experience (did i forget to mention i fell down the mountain a few times and i got stuck on top of a cliff and had to jump it to get down! But after all that i had a wicked time and it was a good experience! Here is how my leg and hand looked like after that.





A few days later i was in a moped accident! I crashed straight into a car, fell off the bike and the bike landed on top of me with the wheel still spinning inbeween my legs! Luckily i came up alive with bruised and scratched up knees! Most of the days i was up there breaker had to work so i spent most of my time climbing up in the mountains. Here are a few pictures of me up there.







I even got a bit crazy and climbed a construction site and sat on the roof staring up at the stars, listening to music. From where i was sitting you can see the flat.



And then breakers friends came from london, it was good to talk to people from my town instead of listening to everyone speaking spanish around me! Heres just a brief of what we got up to....

Breaker and smokey was having a freestyle session!







And then damien came from his part of Spain and we all went jetskiing! It was wicked i was driving at full speed over waves nearly hit a diver and crashed into rocks! I had one of breakers friend on the back screaming "stoooop debbie stoooop" poor thing!! and then i went round those yellow balls near the shore they are supposed to be guides to show boats where to come in and go out.. and i thought they were obstacle courses so i kept swerving around them and later i got told off by some spanish lifeguards!









After that we went to damiens side in the town called Javea where we went to an empty nightclub! And then we went to a bar/club with a karaoke! Me and katie sang "i cant stop loving you"!! and the highlight was when smokey was rapping to "cant touch this" by mc hammer hahaha it was tooo funny! So me and katie played some pool with two pervy men while the boys got started on by the fuckin policia. So we all got out of there before anything kicked off and went back to damiens. Bit of shit kicked off that night but all was well the next day we all went to the beach had fun! Breaker and smokey "broke the beach" and me and katie kicked back and caught some sun.

The next day breaker had to work so me, katie and smokey went to the mountains and they refused to climb it with me! They were like "we'll watch you"...charming!! So we ended up sunbathing in the middle of the road in our pants and bra! And poor smokey came out red as lobster and still had glitter on him from the suncream! haha

I was getting just a bit homesick missing my friends and all that and its been over a month and i only had 20 euros left! I tried booking my flight but my credit card got decline so katie kindly paid for my ticket and i gave her the rest of the money i had. I'll pay her back what i owe her when i see her next. What an adventure man! Loved it up there and i know i'll be going back soon! Heres a few more pictures of the times i was up there... enjoy....


Breaker falling asleep after a long day!


Me at the internet cafe speaking to my friends.


Me and katie chilling.


Breaker, smokey and damien.

No comments: